Thursday, May 26, 2005

New Texas UCW Law

A person is presumed to be "traveling" under the unlawful carrying of a
weapon statute if the person is: (1) in a private motor vehicle; (2)
not otherwise engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C
misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating
traffic; (3) not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing a firearm;
and (4) not a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section
71.0


David Finn's Note: This is only a presumption, but it should make a big difference in the number of Texans arrested and prosecuted each year for unlawfully carrying a weapon. The presumption would not apply to convicted felons because they are otherwise prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Awesome blog. I'm loving the site and I have to
return there soon! Going online, when I have the time,
I look for blogs close to your work!
I can't explain, but you need to check my medical staffing
blog!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
It may look like it was hard work, but my staffing services
blog was simple.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog site.

6:15 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
I hope you had a chance to check out my Criminal Defense Lawyers blog.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Erik Mann said...

I was looking for blogs referring to Dallas and found yours. Great blog! I'm in Dallas and here's some info about me

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home